DALSA Sherlock: ‘Point And Click’ Access To Unique Vision Tools For Non- Specialists
4 Aug 2010
Designed for use with DALSA’s Vision Appliance packages that encompass both smart camera and multipoint compact vision systems, Sherlock allows automated image inspection and measurement solutions to be built for any industry. The new platform means that it is no longer necessary to be an experienced programmer or developer to utilise unique imaging tools offered by CVB, such as the neural technology-based Manto for pattern recognition and the identification of objects with organic fluctuations in their composition, and Minos for flexible and reliable high speed and high accuracy object recognition, alignment, optical character recognition and verification.
In addition, Sherlock has access to CVB’s unique GigE Vision Server, which enables the computer on which it is installed to behave like a complete GigE Vision and GenICam compatible camera, with freely configurable features. This offers endless possibilities for creating network-based vision solutions based on GigE Vision, including off-line application development while receiving on- line test images. Here, Sherlock is used to make on-line measurements and simultaneously a remote PC equipped with Sherlock can connect to the on-line system to collect real image data to allow the measurement process to be monitored and refined without affecting the current inspection.
The new platform brings full GigE Vision and GeniCam compatibility to Sherlock, allowing the use of any GigE Vision-compliant cameras. Ring buffering and double buffering allows faster image processing and ensures that more images are processed when a series of images is acquired at high speed. A free CVB licence is available with every camera purchased from STEMMER IMAGING.
STEMMER IMAGING has been leading the machine vision market since 1987. It is Europe's largest technology provider in this field. In 1997 STEMMER IMAGING presented Common Vision Blox (CVB), a powerful programming library for fast and reliable development and implementation of vision solutions, which has been deployed successfully throughout the world in more than 40,000 imaging applications in various industries.
Teledyne DALSA is one of the largest companies serving the machine vision industry and is unique in that it is vertically integrated; from sensor design and manufacture, through image capture and processing, to software for imaging optimisations and analysis.
- Flexible image server on GigE Vision technology
- Compliant to GigEVision and GeniCam standard
- Data transfer to multiple PCs via multicast
- Allows to define and transfer own camera features
- Software for general object recognition
- Finds and classifies objects, reads handwriting, recognises faces etc.
- Based on Support Vector Machines (SVM) technology
- Contains Manto Teach for learning new objects
- High-speed object recognition software
- Character recognition (OCR/OCV) under difficult conditions
- Contains Minos Teach for learning new objects
- Contains Minos Search, a tunable search engine
- Advanced, yet simple application development software for rapid solutions
- High inspection speeds with excellent flexibility
- For inspection, measurement and 100% monitoring