Enhanced Software For DALSA Boa Smart Cameras Announced
13 May 2011
The DALSA iNspect Express software interface allows users of all experience levels to set up DALSA Boa all-in-one intelligent vision systems using a standard web browser with no programming required. Enhanced performance comes from optimized algorithms for 360° search, optical character recognition (OCR) and 2D matrix reading, and improved calibration tools. These optimizations provide greater robustness and over 10 times speed improvement in some applications.
The new release also features a new PC-based application for displaying images and results from multiple DALSA Boa cameras on the same screen. This allows operators to monitor production, change job files and review the inspection history of any DALSA Boa connected to the local network.
By including improvements to the user interface, DALSA iNspect Express 1700 software extends DALSA Boa’s use to more difficult applications. The built-in script tool has been enhanced with new functions and a syntax checker, a new string editor has been embedded to simplify integration with third party equipment, and interactive tool management has been implemented to assist users during program development.
Available with a choice of resolution and speeds, the ruggedised DALSA Boa smart cameras can be quickly integrated into harsh factory floor environments.
Teledyne DALSA is one of the largest companies serving the machine vision industry and is unique in that it is vertically integrated; from sensor design and manufacture, through image capture and processing, to software for imaging optimisations and analysis.
- Smart vision system, ideally suited to single point applications
- On-board »iNspect« image processing software
- No programming or extensive training required
- Compact rugged, IP67-rated industrial enclosure
- Simple to use inspection application software
- Wizard driven interface allows solutions to be created in minutes
- Includes FREE software upgrades
- Can be installed on a standard PC, or an Teledyne DALSA Vision Appliance