Frame Grabber provides universal support for all CameraLink camera configurations
15 Dec 2015
CameraLink comes in many formats from simple Base, though Medium, Full and the new DECA 80 bit format. The new frame grabber is field-configurable simply by loading a different configuration file enabling both dual input base cameras or a single higher performance camera. One or more boards can be synchronized to acquire images from multiple area or line scan cameras simultaneously while its onboard processing engine, the Xtium-CL MX4 minimizes host CPU usage and helps reduce overall system cost with its compact half-length, single slot design.
It offers higher bandwidth to sustain CameraLink 80-Bit modes over longer cable distances and supports a wide variety of area and line scan cameras. For example, the full capabilities of Teledyne DALSA’s Piranha4 Colour and Linea CL line scan cameras are supported with proprietary bi-colour and RGB 9.1 processing to deliver higher line rates in colour mode over increased distances.
This new frame grabber takes full advantage of the PCIe Gen 2.0 x 4 platform to deliver bandwidth in excess of 1.7 GB/s while continuing to support PCIe Gen 1.0 with 850 MB/s throughput. The newly engineered, on-board, data transfer engine produces maximum bandwidth without the need for specialized motherboards or chipsets.
The Xtium series of frame grabbers is fully supported by Teledyne DALSA’s Sapera LT and Trigger to Image Reliability Framework and is also fully supported by Sherlock machine vision software and STEMMER IMAGING’s CVB imaging library.
Teledyne DALSA is one of the largest companies serving the machine vision industry and is unique in that it is vertically integrated; from sensor design and manufacture, through image capture and processing, to software for imaging optimisations and analysis.
- Half-length PCIe Gen2 x8 board
- Supports CXP cameras with 4, 2 or 1 output channels or CameraLink HS interface with 1 - 7 lanes
- Maximum image acquisition input bandwidth up to 2.5GB/s
- Quick dual line CMOS colour sensor
- Supreme image quality with 8k pixel resolution
- Excellent signal to noise ratio for high speed applications
- CameraLink interface
- Fast and flexible monochrome CMOS line scan camera
- Compact and robust design at an interesting price point
- CameraLink, Camera Link HS or GigE interface
- Controls, monitors and corrects the image acquisition process via Trigger to Image Reliability
- Multi-threading and multiprocessing compliant, with build-in support for pixel format conversion
- Simplified programming interface
- Application wizard for rapid development
- Advanced, yet simple application development software for rapid solutions
- High inspection speeds with excellent flexibility
- For inspection, measurement and 100% monitoring
- Platform for the development of image processing applications
- Open programming environment
- Simple to operate, combining flexibility with high performance