Temperature measurement fully integrated into automated inspection processes
21 Feb 2017
Now it is possible to easily incorporate such measurements into a vision inspection system using the Sherlock machine vision platform from Teledyne DALSA. This means that neither special interfacing software nor hardware is required. This reduces system complexity and cost.
Sherlock provides a versatile, scalable environment for use on PC-based vision systems, Boa smart cameras and the Vision Appliance multi-camera platform range. Sherlock can be used with a large variety of cameras from different manufacturers since hardware independent image acquisition can be provided through STEMMER IMAGING’s Common Vision Blox (CVB) imaging toolkit.
The CVB plug-in for temperature measurement further adds to Sherlock’s rich suite of proven vision tools and advanced algorithms. These include search (pattern finding), ID readers, character readers (OCR), measurement and counting tools, contour tools, texture and colour classifiers. When used with the Xenics Serval-640 LWIR GigE camera, temperature measurements can be made from -20˚C to +400˚C (tested using a blackbody radiator) with the camera providing an imaging resolution of 640 x 480 pixels.
Typical temperature measurement applications include:
- Temperature of food products during production
- Solar cell production
- PCB testing
- Heated vehicle windscreen and seat inspection
- Heat treatment of automotive components
- Hot rolling of steel
- Control of layer deposition in semiconductors
- Mould inspection ... and many more.
With Sherlock available across so many hardware platforms, developers and integrators can choose the most appropriate imaging configuration for the application, with no compromise on measurement capabilities.
STEMMER IMAGING has been leading the machine vision market since 1987. It is Europe's largest technology provider in this field. In 1997 STEMMER IMAGING presented Common Vision Blox (CVB), a powerful programming library for fast and reliable development and implementation of vision solutions, which has been deployed successfully throughout the world in more than 40,000 imaging applications in various industries.
Teledyne DALSA is one of the largest companies serving the machine vision industry and is unique in that it is vertically integrated; from sensor design and manufacture, through image capture and processing, to software for imaging optimisations and analysis.
Xenics is a well-established and rapidly growing European high-tech company producing IR imaging products for the vision market.
- Advanced, yet simple application development software for rapid solutions
- High inspection speeds with excellent flexibility
- For inspection, measurement and 100% monitoring
- Industrial LWIR camera with uncooled microbolometer
- IP67 housing for use in rough environments
- Platform for the development of image processing applications
- Open programming environment
- Simple to operate, combining flexibility with high performance