CVS trevistaCAM – a unique smart camera for surface imaging
5 Apr 2017
Shape from shading is a unique approach that uses surface shading of an object to collect information on its 3 dimensional properties. Applications range from reading embossed codes on difficult and/or shiny and diffusely-scattering surfaces to testing for micron-level defects on demanding functional components**.
Ready to go
CVS trevistaCAM is an ‘out of the box’ solution which can be integrated into a manufacturing process with minimum engineering. It features an ADLINK NEON 4 Mpixel smart camera and lens, preconfigured with either iNspect Express or Sherlock measurement software from Teledyne DALSA and is integrated into a domed trevista illumination system.
Suitable for the surface inspection of curved surfaces, functional surfaces and visible parts, applications include:
- OCR and ID reading of embossed characters
- Detection of defects such as scratches, burrs, dents, discolouration or grinding marks
- Presence & documentation Standard interfaces are provided for communication with a higher level control system.
CVS trevista structured lighting
The CVS trevista structured lighting unit is designed for imaging surface details and textures on difficult surfaces. A dome-shaped structure provides even diffuse illumination from four different directions and suppresses interference from ambient light. Using combinations of these individual sources, 4 images are produced for each inspection. These provide both topographic and textural information for the shape from shading process.
Two CVS trevistaCAM models to choose from
The images for each inspection are acquired at high speed using the STEMMER IMAGING Common Vision Blox imaging toolkit. Shape from shading algorithms are used to extract topographic and textural information from the images to allow the measurements to be made, using the onboard software.
Two models offer users and integrators the flexibility for any application:
CVS trevistaCAM-INSPECT EXPRESS allows the rapid realization of inspection projects without great image processing experience. It features iNspect Express, a vision application software specifically designed to simplify the design and deployment of automated inspection on the factory floor. iNspect offers new and experienced users alike a practical tool delivering uncompromised functionality that can be readily applied to a wide range of manufacturing tasks.
CVS trevistaCAM-SHERLOCK utilizes Sherlock, an advanced machine vision software interface that can be applied to a wide variety of automated inspection applications. It offers maximum design flexibility and provides a rich suite of proven tools and capabilities.
CVS trevistaCAM provides a very effective 100% surface inspection solution which allows fast, accurate and reliable measurements while minimising the chances of false rejects.
Adlink Technology, founded in 1994, is based in Taipei (Taiwan) and has further manufacturing sites in the US, China and Singapore. Adlink technology offers a large selection of products for embedded computing, as well as digital image acquisition for the industrial, medical and transport markets, as well as OEM applications in other markets.
STEMMER IMAGING has been leading the machine vision market since 1987. It is Europe's largest technology provider in this field. In 1997 STEMMER IMAGING presented Common Vision Blox (CVB), a powerful programming library for fast and reliable development and implementation of vision solutions, which has been deployed successfully throughout the world in more than 40,000 imaging applications in various industries.
Teledyne DALSA is one of the largest companies serving the machine vision industry and is unique in that it is vertically integrated; from sensor design and manufacture, through image capture and processing, to software for imaging optimisations and analysis.
- shape from shading: see what’s really there! Bad parts are reliably detected using topographic information down to µm detail.
- false defects are minimized
- ready to use immediately with minimum engineering
- standardized interfaces for communication with higher-level control system
- Complete vision system for the inspection of challenging surfaces
- Fast and fully automated inspection of components with a 100% coverage using shape- from- shading technology
- Rugged design for reliable integration into the manufacturing process or into an automatic tester
- Intelligent camera with Windows Embedded operating system
- Open software architecture for use of your own programs
- Extremely high processing power for high speed applications
- Simple to use inspection application software
- Wizard driven interface allows solutions to be created in minutes
- Includes FREE software upgrades
- Can be installed on a standard PC, or an Teledyne DALSA Vision Appliance
- Advanced, yet simple application development software for rapid solutions
- High inspection speeds with excellent flexibility
- For inspection, measurement and 100% monitoring