New CoaXPress frame grabber on PCIe Gen2 x8 platform
31 Mar 2017
The half-length PCIe Gen2 x8 Xtium-CXP series support image acquisition rates of up to 6.25 Gb/s per channel from cameras with 4, 2 or 1 output channels. By enabling maximum sustained throughput and ready-to-use image data, the Xtium series minimizes CPU usage, thus improving processing times for the host applications.
Additional features of the Xtium-CXP include:
- Accepts monochrome and RGB cameras
- Suitable for area and line scan cameras
- Power Over CoaXPress possible on 4 channels
- 1 GB onboard frame buffer
- Output Lookup Table
The Xtium series of frame grabbers is fully supported by Teledyne DALSA’s Sapera LT and Trigger to Image Reliability Framework and is also fully supported by Sherlock machine vision software and STEMMER IMAGING’s CVB imaging library.
Trigger-to-image reliability (T2IR)
The Teledyne DALSA T2IR framework is designed to deliver maximum reliability of the image acquisition system to help increase system uptime, increase productivity and lower costs. The T2IR functions provide critical, real-time details of system events that help track and monitor acquisition, transfer, and control processes to ensure reliability of the imaging system.
Teledyne DALSA is one of the largest companies serving the machine vision industry and is unique in that it is vertically integrated; from sensor design and manufacture, through image capture and processing, to software for imaging optimisations and analysis.
- Half-length PCIe Gen2 x8 board
- Supports CXP cameras with 4, 2 or 1 output channels or CameraLink HS interface with 1 - 7 lanes
- Maximum image acquisition input bandwidth up to 2.5GB/s
- Controls, monitors and corrects the image acquisition process via Trigger to Image Reliability
- Multi-threading and multiprocessing compliant, with build-in support for pixel format conversion
- Simplified programming interface
- Application wizard for rapid development
- Platform for the development of image processing applications
- Open programming environment
- Simple to operate, combining flexibility with high performance